Is My Website Getting Good Search Engine Results
Two Simple Tests to Verify Your Situation
Organic Search Engine Results vs. Paid Ads
The typical search engine results page (SERPs) only displays 10 organic website results (excerpts) along with paid placements of advertisement relative to the search query.
In the illustration, the results in the blue box are the organic search results; the results in the red boxes are paid advertisements. Click image for a larger view.
A study about Google by Slingshot SEO show that 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
The same study on Bing shows that 9.7% of organic clicks go to #1; 5.5% of organic clicks go to #2; and 2.7% of organic clicks go to #3.
What if over time you could come to occupy 2, 3, or more of those coveted first-page slots? You would experience more website traffic! And more new customers!
YES! — It is possible to dominate the search engine result pages and crowd-out some of your competition to the second and third pages of internet search result pages. Or even deeper by having multiple 1st page results for your website. Contact us today to learn more without obligation.
A Website Designer Designs.
A Website Developer Builds.
Search Engine Results User Interaction Facts
- 90% of clicks on the page 1 of search results are made on organic links.
- Only 4.8% of website traffic is generated from page 2 of the SERPs.
- Only 2% of search engine traffic comes from page 3 of the SERPs. OUCH!
- 93% of online experiences start with a search engine.
- 6% of internet users use search.
- 70% of the search result links that users click on are organic generated results.
- 70-80% of users pay no attention to the paid ads and only focus on the organic results.
- 79% of search engine users said they always/frequently click on the natural search results.
- In contrast, 80% of search engine indicated they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results (ads).
Search Engine Optimization Gets a Website towards the Top of the Results!
Results are never guaranteed or constant because the search engine benchmark criteria (i.e., The Google Search Algorithm) are constantly changing. Armed with an analysis of your competition’s position, and search optimizing your website, your website will very likely be out in front — and once you are ahead, your website gains search engine credibility and your continuing improvement and upfront position will be much harder for your competition to displace.
A Little Search Optimization Effort Can Yield Dramatic Improvement
Let Search Savvy Design make an analysis of your current website. Find out how much room you have for improvement! Get a comparison against your competition’s website.
Or if you don’t yet have a website, understand how strong are your competitors Internet presence and how small of an effort might be needed to easily overtake them in the search engine results. Contact us today to arrange a no-obligation discussion.