Is My Website Getting Good Search Engine Results?
Two Simple Tests to Verify Your Situation
Certainly people can find your company by name in an Internet search. You need more than that! If that is the only way your company can be found towards the top of the search engine results, your website is only functioning as an expensive electronic telephone book.
What you need For your business to prosper, is for people to find your company for your location, products and services — and most of all — you must stand out from your competition in the Internet search engine results!
Organic Search Engine Results vs. Paid Ads
The typical search engine results page (SERPs) only displays 10 organic website results (excerpts) along with paid placements of advertisement relative to the search query.
In the illustration, the results in the blue box are the organic search results; the results in the red boxes are paid advertisements. Click image for a larger view.
A study about Google by Slingshot SEO show that 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
The same study on Bing shows that 9.7% of organic clicks go to #1; 5.5% of organic clicks go to #2; and 2.7% of organic clicks go to #3.
A Website Designer Designs.
A Website Developer Builds.
Search Engine Results User Interaction Facts
- 90% of clicks on the page 1 of search results are made on organic links.
- Only 4.8% of website traffic is generated from page 2 of the SERPs.
- Only 2% of search engine traffic comes from page 3 of the SERPs. OUCH!
- 93% of online experiences start with a search engine.
- 6% of internet users use search.
- 70% of the search result links that users click on are organic generated results.
- 70-80% of users pay no attention to the paid ads and only focus on the organic results.
- 79% of search engine users said they always/frequently click on the natural search results.
- In contrast, 80% of search engine indicated they occasionally/rarely/never click on the sponsored search results (ads).
Search Engine Optimization Gets a Website towards the Top of the Results!
Results are never guaranteed or constant because the search engine benchmark criteria (i.e., The Google Search Algorithm) are constantly changing. Armed with an analysis of your competition’s position, and search optimizing your website, your website will very likely be out in front — and once you are ahead, your website gains search engine credibility and your continuing improvement and upfront position will be much harder for your competition to displace.